K53 Driving Test
Why Do it.
This test insures you are road ready and not Illegally driving. The driving test provides you with the necessary skills to correctly hand your vehicle in most situations and just makes you an overal better driver. It also is legaly required in South Africa in order to drive on any SA roads.
It insures that you as a driver become profficient in reading road signs, makes you ready to know and obay the traffic rules, know what all the traffic signals mean aswell as any surface markings, and most importanly when you are in a tough spot you would know exactly what to do and handle your vehicle.
Some Rules to know before you do the test.
When doing a light motor test it is required that the vehicle exceeds 3 meters. During the test you are also not allowed to smoke or use your cellphone.
What the test covers
Light and heavy motor vehicle test:
- A pre-trip inspection of the vehicle's roadworthiness.
- A yard test of your basic manoeuvring skills, away from traffic:
- starting the engine;
- moving off;
- turning around in the road: 'three-point-turn' (light vehicles only);
- alley docking: reversing into an alley, and driving out again;
- parallel parking (light vehicles only);
- stopping and moving off on an incline;
- left turn (light vehicles if towing a trailer, and heavy vehicles); and
- reversing in a straight line (light vehicles if towing a trailer, and heavy vehicles).
- A road test conducted on public roads carrying traffic, including the following situations where available:
- obeying traffic signals;
- changing lanes;
- speed control;
- turning left and right at intersections;
- proceeding through an intersection;
- uncontrolled intersections;
- obeying yield signs and traffic lights;
- stopping in traffic;
- stopping at a stop sign;
- a traffic circle;
- a railway level crossing;
- a pedestrian crossing;
- entering a freeway;
- leaving a freeway;
- passing a freeway off-ramp and on-ramp;
- overtaking on a freeway; and
- an emergency stop.
Give us a call today and get your Driving Course Booked!